Oculoplastics is plastic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgery around the eye. It is a specialized area of ophthalmology that focuses on the eyelids and the structures surrounding the eye, including problems of the tear duct system and the orbit, the region surrounding the eyeball. These problems may arise due to genetics, aging, disease, trauma, or previous surgery.
Oculoplastic and orbital surgeons are ophthalmologists who have additional extensive training in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids and orbit (eye socket) like Dr. Tayani. Their skills are used to improve the appearance and function of the eye. They also diagnose and treat tumors of the orbit and surrounding structures.
Procedures include both cosmetic surgery and reconstructive care following trauma or the removal of a tumor. The following types of surgery involve oculoplastics:
Functional Eyelid Surgery
• Droopy eyelid repair (ptosis surgery)
• Repair of eyelid malposition
• Correction of excessive tearing
Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
• Repair of eyelid injuries
• Reconstruction of eyelid after removal of skin cancer
• Management of loss of an eye
• Thyroid related eye disorders
• Removal of orbital tumors
• Repair of orbital fractures
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
Dr. Tayani has extensive training in this area and realizes that your appearance is crucial to the image you present to the world. Dr. Tayani and his trained staff would love to help create an image that is perfect for you.